Status of residence for sports instructors
If a foreigner works as a sports instructor in Japan, he or she will be granted the status of residence of "Skilled Labor" if he/she meets any of the following requirements.
- A person who has three years or more of practical experience in sports instruction skills (including the period of majoring in sports instruction subjects at a foreign educational institution and the period of being engaged in the sport with remuneration)
- A person who is designated by the Minister of Justice in a public notice as a person equivalent to 1 and who engages in work that requires the said skill
- Persons who have participated in the Olympic Games, World Championships, or other international competitions as athletes and are engaged in work that requires skills related to the instruction of the sport.
However, in the case of managers, coaches, etc. who enter Japan accompanying professional athletes and participate as a team, the status of residence will be "Entertainer" rather than "Skilled Labor".
- Naturalization2023.04.24Requirements for foreigners who are married to Japanese people to apply for Naturalization
- Permanent Resident2023.04.17Points to note when applying for Permanent Resident
- Working Visa2023.04.10When a foreigner continues to work in Japan after graduating from a Japanese university
- Permanent Resident2023.04.03What is the requirement for applying for Permanent Resident, “In principle, you must continue to stay in Japan for 10 years or more.”