If you currently have a status of residence such as "Student" or "Designated Activities (Continued Job Hunting)" and find employment in Japan in the spring of 2024, you will need to change your status of residence to working status.
However, please note that the application details will change depending on the expiration date of your current status of residence.
If you are applying at the Tokyo Regional Immigration Services Bureau, you will need to apply as follows.
- If the expiration date of your current status of residence is after February 15, 2024
You can apply for permission to change your status of residence to one that allows you to work.
- If the expiration date of the current status of residence is before February 14, 2024 or after
(1) If your current residence status is “Student”
You will need to apply for permission to renew your current status of residence.
(2) If your current residence status is “Designated Activities (Continued job hunting)”
You will need to apply for permission to change your status of residence (change to “Designated Activities (Staying until you get a job offer while attending university or after graduation)”).
For more information, please visit the following website(Japanese).
- Visa02/19/2024What kind of Certified Administrative Procedures Legal Specialist should I consult?
- Business Manager02/12/2024For those who are considering obtaining the “Business Manager” status of residence
- Specified Skilled Worker02/05/2024To companies who are suffering from labor shortage
- Naturalization01/29/2024Advantages and points to note regarding the residence status “Permanent Resident”