What is a"Spouse or Child of Japanese National"?
The following three are applicable to "Spouse or Child of Japanese National"
- Spouse of Japanese National
- Specially adopted child of Japanese National
- Those born as Japanese children
There are no restrictions on the scope of activities for those with a status of residence of "Spouse or Child of Japanese National"
Points of examination for "Spouse or Child of Japanese National"
The points of examination of "Spouse or Child of Japanese National" are as follows.
Spouse of Japanese National
- It is necessary that the marriage relationship is legally established in the country of nationality of both husband and wife.
- It is necessary that you are actually married, so this does not apply if you are divorced or bereavement of your Japanese spouse.
- Furthermore, this does not apply even if the marriage is not accompanied by the socially accepted substance of marriage, such as "the couple live together and cooperate and assist each other."
- The couple needs to have enough income to live a stable life in Japan.
- Foreigners are not required to live on the income of their Japanese spouse.
Specially adopted child of Japanese National
- This applies to foreigners who have been adopted by special adoption with a Japanese person based on the provisions of Article 817-2, Paragraph 1 of the Civil Code.
- Not applicable for ordinary adoption with a Japanese person .
Those born as Japanese children
- This applies if at least one of the parents was Japanese at the time the foreigner was born.
- It is applicable not only legitimate children, but also illegitimate children recognized by Japanese parent.
- Even if a Japanese father died before the birth of the foreigners, it is applicable if the father had Japanese nationality at the time of death.
- It is applicabled even if the father or mother abandons Japanese nationality after the birth of foreigners, but not if the father or mother acquires Japanese nationality after the birth of foreigners.
- The place of birth of foreigners does not have to be Japan.