Even a child of a permanent resident may not be able to obtain the status of residence of "Spouse or Child of Permanent Resident(SCPR)".
In order to be granted the status of residence of “Spouse or Child of Permanent Resident(SCPR),”, one of the following must apply.
- Spouse of permanent resident, etc.
- A person who was born in Japan as a child of a permanent resident, etc. and continues to reside in Japan.
In the case of a child of a permanent resident, etc., as stated in 2 above, it is not enough to be born in Japan as a child of a permanent resident, etc., and it is necessary to be born in Japan as a child of a permanent resident, etc. and continue to reside in Japan.
Therefore, please note that if you were born overseas and then came to Japan, or if you moved abroad after being born in Japan, you will not be recognized.
In addition, if you apply within 30 days after birth in Japan, you can apply for "Permanent Resident（PR)".
- Naturalization2023.04.24Requirements for foreigners who are married to Japanese people to apply for Naturalization
- Permanent Resident2023.04.17Points to note when applying for Permanent Resident
- Working Visa2023.04.10When a foreigner continues to work in Japan after graduating from a Japanese university
- Permanent Resident2023.04.03What is the requirement for applying for Permanent Resident, “In principle, you must continue to stay in Japan for 10 years or more.”