The Special Highly Skilled Professional System (J-Skip) is a newly created system that is separate from the existing point system for Highly Skilled Professional.
Specifically, if you have a certain level of academic background or work experience and annual income above a certain level, you will be granted the status of residence of "Highly Skilled Professional".
This system was introduced from April 2023.
In the case of "advanced academic research activities" such as university professors and researchers, or "advanced specialized/technical activities" working at companies, one of the following requirements must be met.
- Those who have a master's degree and have an annual income of 20 million yen or more
- Those who have more than 10 years of work experience and an annual income of 20 million yen or more
In addition, in the case of corporate managers, those with at least 5 years of work experience and an annual income of 40 million yen or more are eligible.
In the case of Special Highly Skilled Professional, the period required to change from Special Highly Skilled Professional(ⅰ) to Special Highly Skilled Professional(ⅱ) will be one year.
Also, the period of stay required to apply for permanent residence will be one year.
- Visa08/01/2023Difference between 30 days and 31 days of period of stay in "Designated Activities" for departure preparation
- Visa07/24/2023What is the “special period” in the status of residence?
- Naturalization06/20/2023If you are thinking about applying for Permanent Resident or Naturalization, what kind of Certified Administrative Procedures Legal Specialist should you consult?
- Naturalization06/15/2023Can a person whose status of residence is only permitted for a period of one year be allowed to become naturalized?