When a foreigner applies for aturalization in Japan, it is necessary to continue living in Japan for more than 5 years as an address requirement.
Also, during the period of stay in Japan, it is necessary to stay in Japan with a work visa for at least 3 years.
However, if a foreigner who is married to a Japanese national (Japanese spouse) is naturalized, the requirements are relaxed as follows.
- If 3 years or more have passed since the date of marriage to a Japanese national: 1 year
- Less than 3 years from the date of marriage to Japanese: 3 years
If you are thinking of applying for naturalization, please contact our office.
- Technical Intern Training12/04/2023Technical Intern Training Program will be reviewed
- Visa11/20/2023Things companies should be careful about when hiring foreigners
- Others11/06/2023To everyone who will take the Certified Administrative Procedures Legal Specialist exam in 2023
- Visa11/01/2023What you should be aware of when looking for an administrative scrivener