Do you know about the enrollment support system for foreign high school students who wish to enter Japanese universities, vocational schools, etc.?
Foreign high school students who wish to go on to Japanese universities, vocational schools, etc. can receive exemptions or reductions in tuition and admission fees, and payment of scholarships if they meet certain requirements.
This system applies to students with residence tax-exempt households, etc., who have the following statuses of residence.
- Special Permanent Resident
- Permanent Resident, Spouse or Child of Japanese National, Spouse or Child of Permanent Resident.
- Long-Term Resident(Those who are recognized by the principal of the school where they are enrolled as having the intention to live permanently in the future)
See the link below for details.（Information in Japanese）
- Naturalization2023.04.24Requirements for foreigners who are married to Japanese people to apply for Naturalization
- Permanent Resident2023.04.17Points to note when applying for Permanent Resident
- Working Visa2023.04.10When a foreigner continues to work in Japan after graduating from a Japanese university
- Permanent Resident2023.04.03What is the requirement for applying for Permanent Resident, “In principle, you must continue to stay in Japan for 10 years or more.”