When applying for “Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services” based on years of practical experience
In order to be granted a status of residence of “Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services”, it is necessary to have an academic background such as a university degree or a certain level of practical experience.
The specific number of years of work experience is as follows.
- When engaging in work that requires skills or knowledge belonging to the fields of natural sciences or humanities: 10 years or more
- When engaging in work that requires thinking or sensitivity based on a foreign culture: 3 years or more
Business that requires thinking or sensibility based on foreign culture (International Services) includes translation, interpretation, language instruction, public relations, advertising or overseas transaction business, design related to clothing or interior decoration, product development, etc.
When applying for the status of residence of "Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services" based on practical experience, it is necessary to correctly determine which type of work the applicant intends to engage in.
- Naturalization2023.04.24Requirements for foreigners who are married to Japanese people to apply for Naturalization
- Permanent Resident2023.04.17Points to note when applying for Permanent Resident
- Working Visa2023.04.10When a foreigner continues to work in Japan after graduating from a Japanese university
- Permanent Resident2023.04.03What is the requirement for applying for Permanent Resident, “In principle, you must continue to stay in Japan for 10 years or more.”