When a new foreign national is appointed as the representative of a Japanese branch of a foreign company and applies for the status of residence of "Business Manager", the business scale of the company will be considered.
Specifically, one of the following will be the criteria for permission.
- In addition to those engaged in management or management, two or more full-time employees residing in Japan (excluding those who reside with the status of residence in the upper column of Appended Table 1 of the Act) are engaged.
- The amount of capital or the total amount of investment must be 5 million yen or more.
- The business scale must be recognized as equivalent to 1 or 2.
It is easy to misunderstand the point 2, "The amount of capital or the total amount of investment must be 5 million yen or more."
Some people think that a foreigner who becomes the representative of a Japanese branch needs to invest more than 5 million yen, but the representative of a Japanese branch does not have to be an officer of a company in his or her home country.
Therefore, there is no need to invest more than 5 million yen.
However, if there are not two or more full-time employees as specified in 1, the capital of the company in the home country must be 5 million yen or more.
- Technical Intern Training12/04/2023Technical Intern Training Program will be reviewed
- Visa11/20/2023Things companies should be careful about when hiring foreigners
- Others11/06/2023To everyone who will take the Certified Administrative Procedures Legal Specialist exam in 2023
- Visa11/01/2023What you should be aware of when looking for an administrative scrivener