Hiring a Thai Cook
Normally, when hiring a foreign chef with a status of residence of “Skilled Labor”,that foreigner must have at least 10 years of work experience.
However, in the case of Thai cuisine, the required number of years of work experience is reduced based on the provisions of Annex 7 of the Japan-Thailand Economic Partnership Agreement.
Specifically, by satisfying the following requirements, if you have work experience of 5 years or more, you will be granted the status of residence of "Skilled Labor".
- Must have acquired a certificate regarding skill level as a chef of elementary level or higher
- Having received a reasonable amount of remuneration as a Thai chef in Thailand during the year immediately preceding the date of application for entry and temporary stay in Japan.
- Working Visa2023.03.27Points to note when foreigners living abroad work in Japan for the first time
- Permanent Resident2023.03.20For those who are thinking of applying for permanent residence
- Visa2023.02.27When a mother residing in Japan with the status of residence of "Dependent" invites her biological child living abroad
- International marriage2023.02.24Status of residence for same-sex marriage between foreigners