The status of residence of "Student" is also recognized when attending a Japanese university, graduate school, vocational school, high school, junior high school or elementary school.
However, if you go to junior high school or elementary school, please note that there are the following requirements.
- Must be 17 years old or younger if attending junior high school
- Must be 14 years old or younger if attending elementary school
- Applicant must have guardian in Japan
- The school that the applicant attends must have a full-time staff member in charge of guiding the life of foreign students or children.
- Lodging facilities that allow the applicant to conduct daily life without hindrance must be secured.
- Visa08/01/2023Difference between 30 days and 31 days of period of stay in "Designated Activities" for departure preparation
- Visa07/24/2023What is the “special period” in the status of residence?
- Naturalization06/20/2023If you are thinking about applying for Permanent Resident or Naturalization, what kind of Certified Administrative Procedures Legal Specialist should you consult?
- Naturalization06/15/2023Can a person whose status of residence is only permitted for a period of one year be allowed to become naturalized?