When a person with a status of residence of “Spouse or Child of Japanese National” wants to bring his biological child from his home country

It is possible that a person who has remarried a Japanese person and is residing in Japan with the status of residence of "Spouse or Child of a Japanese National" may wish to bring his or her biological child from his/her home country to Japan.
In that case, depending on the age of the child, the permitted status of residence will change.
If the child is a minor and unmarried, it may be possible to obtain a “Long-Term Resident” status.
In cases other than the above, unfortunately, the status of residence of "Long-Term Resident" is not recognized.
In that case, you should consider other status of residence.
It should also be noted that the age of majority in Japan has been lowered to 18 from April 1, 2022.

If you would like to bring your child from your home country, please contact our office.