"Highly Skilled professional" is a status of residence recognized for foreigners who meet the criteria for highly-skilled professionals among foreigners engaged in research/education, technology, business/management activities in Japan.
Therefore, foreigners already working with a status of residence such as "Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services" may apply to change their status of residence to "Highly Skilled Professional" if they meet the criteria for highly skilled professionals. Of course, you can continue working with the status of residence of "Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services".
Then, what kind of person should be changed to "Highly Skilled Professional"?
Preferential treatment for “highly Skilled Professionals” includes the following:
- Easing of requirements for permanent residence
- Permission for the spouse of the highly-skilled foreign professional to work
- Permission for the parent(s) to accompany the highly-skilled foreign professional to Japan under certain conditions, etc.
In other words, if you wish to stay in Japan forever in the future, you should change your status of residence to "Highly Skilled Professional" because the above preferential treatment is very beneficial.
- Technical Intern Training12/04/2023Technical Intern Training Program will be reviewed
- Visa11/20/2023Things companies should be careful about when hiring foreigners
- Others11/06/2023To everyone who will take the Certified Administrative Procedures Legal Specialist exam in 2023
- Visa11/01/2023What you should be aware of when looking for an administrative scrivener