Difference between "Permanent Resident" and "Naturalization"

The status of residence of "Permanent Resident" does not have a fixed period of stay, and there are no restrictions on the content of activities in Japan.
Statuses of residence that do not have restrictions on activities in Japan include “Spouse or Child of Japanese National” “Spouse or Child of Permanent Resident” and “Long-Term Resident.”
Similar to “Permanent Resident” is "Naturalization".
"Naturalization" is not a status of residence like "Permanent Resident", but to acquire Japanese nationality and become a Japanese.
The biggest difference between this “Permanent Resident” and “Naturalization” is nationality.
If "Naturalization" is approved, you will give up your nationality and acquire Japanese nationality. (Dual nationality is not allowed)
On the other hand, in the case of the status of residence of "Permanent Resident", the nationality remains the same.
Therefore, if you are a "Permanent Resident", your status of residence may be revoked if you fall under the grounds for deportation.
In the case of "Naturalization", you will not be forced to deport because you have renounced your nationality and become a Japanese.